40 Questions With: Rachel Livingston, Intern
Our 40 questions series continues with our brand new (and awesome) intern, Rachel Livingston. We pulled Rachel away from her client work to one of her favorite spots in the city, the Ferry Building, and she basically made us laugh our asses off for 20 minutes as we drilled her with weird and random questions. Because, what’s better than spilling your deepest and darkest secrets on camera during your first week, at your first job?
This sunshine-loving, Marin, CA native just graduated from Miami University of Ohio six weeks ago and she’s super excited about starting her PR career at B&O with all of us “cool people” (she actually said that – we’ll let her learn the truth on her own). Rachel started at Miami as a biochemistry major but quickly transitioned to communications when her mom reminded her that, “talking was really her passion.”
If you have the pleasure of chatting with Rachel, make sure you ask her how to get the most bang for your buck at Bloomie’s and Nordstrom – she’s a shopping fanatic – and the latest Bachelorette drama… but not before 10 am on Saturday because she will be in BED. Oh, and to our Nutella or Bacon question -- her response was, “is that a trick question?” Clearly we will be fast friends.
Our full Q&A is below, but jump to the bottom of the page for the highlights video!
- What’s your full name? Rachel Caroline Livingston
- Where are you from? San Francisco
- What’s the most exciting thing in your life right now? Just graduated college 6 weeks ago!
- Why are we here (the Ferry Building)? I used to take the Ferry in from Marin so it’s a special place for me.
- What made you want to work in PR? I started as biochemistry major but I failed miserably. My mom told me I liked to talk a lot so communications was probably a good major.
- If you weren’t in PR what would you do? Advertising
- Favorite Ice-cream flavor? Mint chocolate chip
- What makes you happiest? Sunshine! Beach!
- What makes you bored? Airplanes make me antsy.
- Favorite childhood themed birthday party? I had a Teletubbies themed party that was really cool, we had a Teletubbies pinata
- Favorite boy band? One direction… All the way man
- Favorite vegetable? That’s a weird one but… I like brussel sprouts a lot
- Favorite fruit? Watermelon
- Puppies or kittens? Puppies all the way
- Where would you like to max out your credit card? Bloomingdales or Nordstrom
- Bacon or Nutella? That’s a trick question… Nutella
- Biggest pet peeve? When people are texting at dinner
- Do you chew on your pen? No
- Number of piercings? Five
- Last book you read? Luckiest Girl Alive, pretty good book and pretty mysterious
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl
- What was the last dream you remember? A dream where my BFF and I were going on a date with guys and we had to convince them not to get in trouble… then we won the game… my dreams are bizarre
- What time do you go to bed? Working in this job? 10ish
- Last concert you went to? All American Rejects
- Can you play instruments? I used to play clarinet
- What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time? Read
- Favorite cereal? Don’t eat cereal…Frosted Flakes if I HAD to choose
- Worst punishment received at school? Never received punishment
- Any strange phobias? I don’t like feet…
- Where are you Friday night? A bar or out to dinner
- How about Saturday morning at 10 am? BED
- What were you like in high school? A mix of things… Probably thought I was cool but in reality most likely annoying.
- Last thing you watched on TV? Bachelorette
- Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer? Gatherer
- You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color are you? Bright purple or pink
- What would you do if you won the lotto? Take my mom on vacation, shop, save
- What do you think when you’re alone in the car? I don’t think, I sing
- What is your favorite 90s band? We had 90s night at our school, therefore “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls
- What animal would you be? A sloth because they can lay and relax all day
- What makes you most excited about working at B&O? Excited about the people because they all seem really cool!