Wait! What? 5/22: A handy-dandy email helper, a rapping robot and so much more
Hey there, Friday people! Here are a few weird tech stories to start your holiday weekend:
- Having trouble writing emails? Can’t figure out what to say? Crystal can help – the startup uses public online data about email recipients to help writers craft the perfect note. Finally, a purpose for obsessive Internet stalking.
- It looks like the music industry could be facing another major setback. DeepBeat, the world’s first AI rapper is taking the stage. He may be crap now, but just wait for 2.0.
- Has Periscope won? Looks like Meerkat is going to have to go through a major overhaul if it wants to stay relevant...but those critters are just so damn cute.
- For any identical twins out there, your days of trading places are over. New DNA technology makes it easier for police to catch the right twin. Hopefully this will stem the recent tide of identical twin-related crimes we’ve been seeing.
- Light Phone is the newest iteration of technology that mimics low-tech gadgets of yore. In this case, the mythical cell phone. While it’s only $100, you have to own a smartphone for it to work. So I suggest an alternative – revive your Sidekick and ditch dumb-smart tech forever. Be free!
That’s all for now; go enjoy the long weekend! And be sure to follow us on Twitter @BlancandOtus.