Wait? What! 2/13: Happy Valentine’s, Galentine’s and/or “Blood-soaked Conspiracy”
Whether you’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day or just boycotting the occasion entirely, we’ve collected the best news for you to digest along with all of those sugar heart candies and chocolates.
- Hate Valentine’s Day with an especially fiery passion? We doubt you can top the “Revolutionary Alliance of Men That Woman Are Not Attracted To,” which writes fun poems like: “The blood-soaked conspiracy of Valentine’s Day, driven by the oppressive chocolate capitalists, has arrived once again.” Feel better yet?
- China released the next karaoke stalwart, an ode to the Great Firewall titled Cyberspace Spirit. No, we’re not kidding.
- The jury’s still out on the house that selfies built, but one publishing exec promises that the engagement and viewership numbers on Snapchat Discover “are…f***ing incredible.”
- Trying to hit that millennial sweet spot? Here’s a hint: if you are like our own @meanmustard and have to ask what “on fleek” means, you’re too old.
- TV anchors away: things escalated quickly as both social media and media alike couldn’t stop weighing the pros and cons of Jon Stewart’s departure, and then the pros and cons of Jon Stewarts’ potential successors…and then the pros and cons of Jon Stewarts 2016 presidential race?
On a more serious note, the media world lost some true greats this week. With that in mind, don’t be afraid to get out there and show some love this weekend.