Wait! What? 1/23: Historic speeches, Lyft’s new look and drone journalism
After a long weekend in remembrance of Martin Luther King Jr., we’re back on the PR grind. This week’s sampling of news tackles a variety of communications issues, big and small:
- Working in PR we’ve heard no shortage of great speeches, but one stands above the rest: “I Have a Dream.” PR Daily examined how MLK’s iconic address matched the perfect message with the perfect moment and became something greater than words.
- Could drones become the new face of journalism? Virginia Tech has partnered with the Associated Press, Getty, Gannett, NBCUniversal, The New York Times Company and The Washington Post to reinvent how news is gathered with the use of drone technology.
- Ladies, social media could be the answer to all your stress problems! A recent study from Rutgers University and Pew Research found that women who frequently use social media report being less stressed. Just don’t get addicted…
- Say goodbye to fuzzy pink mustaches, and hello to the glowstache? Lyft is reinventing the ‘stache’ in hopes of growing the company’s image.
- Excited for the Super Bowl? Looks like you’re not the only one. Budweiser has big PR plans in store before, during and after the game.
What were some of your favorite tidbits from this week? Send us a tweet @BlancandOtus.