Wait! What? 1/9: Innovative brewing at CES and Microsoft’s mysterious new browser
After a lengthy holiday break, we are back to the grind. Let’s see what the first week of 2015 had in store for us:
- As if there wasn’t already enough information online, Twitter has decided to shed the 140-character constraint, and unveil a new video product – what was this all about again?
- Facebook magnate Mark Zuckerberg is doing his best Oprah impression in attempting to create one of the Internet’s largest book clubs. Let’s hope the paperback edition of The Social Network tops his list.
- Elsewhere, VentureBeat showed us the sad truth about Americans’ social media tendencies, but hey, at least we all know that Sue’s cat is doing well after her operation.
- CES – the mecca for new age technology, gadgets and… beer drinking? That’s right, startup PicoBew wants to make the whole brewing process a lot easier, leaving more precious time to enjoy your masterpiece. Now that’s some innovation right there.
- Which doesn’t fit? Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Spartan (?!). Rumor has it that Microsoft is coming out with a new web browser called Spartan to compete against the rest. I guess you could say this browser has come prepared to fight…literally.
What stories caught your eye this week? Feel free to share them with us @BlancandOtus and check back here every Friday for a new round of “Wait! What?”