Wait! What? 9/12: Apple announces Apple Watch, Twitter tests a “buy button” and…squishy robots?
The tech community was very busy this week, what with waiting on Apple announcements and changing their Gmail passwords. Meanwhile, couch potatoes everywhere rejoiced, as mindless afternoon sofa lazing is due to get easier with Netflix/Chromecast compatibility. Grab your favorite sweatpants and treat yourself to the week’s best tech stories:
- Apple Watch will not be available until 2015, but Stephen Colbert has some ideas on how to get through the wait.
- Not a morning person? No problem. This app turned morning fitness routine has you covered. Multitask on a whole new level.
- Explore ancient Egyptian ruins without stepping foot in the desert using Google Street View. Sunburns and jetlag not included.
- Harvard and Cornell researchers developed a squishy robot. Regular robots are so 2013.
- Twitter is testing a “buy” button that can be embedded in posts to allow users to buy a product. As if saving money wasn’t hard enough.
There you have it! You are ready for the weekend. Check back in next week when we fill you in on the latest and greatest in tech news that’ll make you say, “Wait! What?”