Wait! What? 9/5: Amazon’s latest acquisition, Cortana’s latest play against Siri, and…skateboard backpacks?
While the rest of the world was trying to disable iCloud on their phones in the wake of a massive celebrity selfie hack, we were keeping tabs on the tech stories we knew you’d want to check out:
- Gamers got an extra dose of validation this week when Amazon bought live-streaming gaming platform Twitch, which allows users to view other games in action without participating. The trash talk alone is expected to be next level.
- We literally can’t think of anything that could possibly go wrong with this backpack that’s also a skateboard. Get one, and prepare to look cool.
- Incredible photos of Earth have now been compiled into a map using Twitter’s geographic data. The images are out of this world!
- Cortana can now predict the outcome of NFL games. Oh by the way, Cortana? Siri called. She said, “Stop showing off.”
- AARP is offering a tablet designed for an older crowd. Pretty soon, Grandpa will be kicking your butt in Clash of Clans.
There you have it! Now you’re ready for the weekend. Check back in next week when we fill you in on the latest and greatest in tech news that’ll make you say, “Wait! What?”