Twitter Introduces the Dronie and Yo app (aka the Next Big Thing) attracts the masses
From the “eagerly” anticipated return of Blackberry to the FBI’s attempt to index Twitter shorthand (nice try), this week was chock full of news you can’t miss. Here’s what happened in tech while everyone except me was watching the World Cup:
- Always wanted an index for your Twitter shorthand needs? No? Well here’s a list of not-so-commonly used acronyms brought to you by the FBI, clearly HAW (hard at work, we just made that up). TLK2UL8R, Secret Agent.
- Sick of your iPhone correcting “Yo” to “To”? Yup, same here. But now there’s an app for that! Say whatever is on your mind with just two letters, yo.
- Take a cue from Queen Bey and put a ring on it! I’m sure she didn’t mean a vibrating wearable disguised as a cocktail ring, but whatever.
- BlackBerry is not dead! …Said Blackberry CEO John Chen. Not too sure about this one, but hey, everyone loves a good comeback story.
- Speaking of what’s dead…the #selfie! Twitter gave Ellen a run for her money this week by introducing theDronie. Hopefully this can finally end the #YearoftheSelfie.
- Wondering what social media managers do? Definitely not spend all day on Facebook, so don’t even bother asking.
So there you have it folks – our top tech stories from the week! Tweet us @BlancandOtus or leave a comment below to share your favorite.